Join the Pension Governance Group
This article is only relevant for salaried colleagues who are in the Asda Stakeholder Pension Plan. This plan was closed in September 2012, so if you joined the pension plan from this date onwards, you are not in this pension plan.
With more than 6,500 colleagues saving each pay period and £125million (and counting) already saved, this is a big pension plan. Reflecting how important it is to Asda and colleagues, a dedicated Governance Group oversees the running of the Plan. A vacancy has arisen for a colleague currently saving in the Plan to join the Group.
What does the Group do?
The Group meets twice a year to review progress against targets in a number of areas such as:
- Contribution levels
- Investment performance
- Administration performance
- Charges and costs
- And many more.
The Group makes suggestions to the Asda Pensions Committee, which is a subgroup of the Asda Exec Board and the main decision making group on pensions for the business as a whole. The Group is also involved in Plan communications.
The Group receives advice from experts and support from the Asda Pensions Team.
What skills does a Group member need?
We are looking for someone who can:
- Think clearly and logically
- Be comfortable making important decisions that affect a large number of colleagues and former colleagues
- Contribute to group discussions on complex issues
- Challenge the advice provided
You will need to:
- Complete 30 hours of online training within 6 months of being appointed
- Seek further training in your own time (Asda will cover the cost of this)
- Attend two half day meetings at Asda House each year having prepared in advance (this is paid time off and Asda will cover travel expenses)
- Be flexible if further meetings or calls are required during the year
- Regularly check your personal emails for Group business
Who is currently part of the Group?
|Appointed by Asda||Nominated by Colleagues|
|Richard Phillips (Director of Corporate Finance)||Richard Jackson (Home Shopping Central Operations)|
|Jane Earnshaw (Head of Reward and Recognition)|
|Steve Jones (Pensions Manager)|
|Geoff Ranson (Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting)|
How do I apply?
If you think that you’ve got what it takes, you should complete the form at the end of this article by 31 December 2013. You’ll need to provide some basic details about yourself and get the support of one other Plan member. What’s really important is for you to explain why you are interested in joining the Group and why you feel you would make a good Group member. If you have any previous experience of pensions or investment matters please provide details.
What happens next?
All applications will be checked to ensure the correct details have been provided.
A selection of the current Group will review all the nominations and draw up a shortlist. The shortlisted colleagues will be invited to Asda House in the New Year. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the role and ask any questions. The new Group member will be invited to attend the next full Group meeting in Leeds during March 2014.
If you think that you’ve got what it takes to become a Group member then please complete the form below.
This is now closed.